Export a SIMS Timetable directly to a User or Room Exchange Calendar
New in v2:
- One/Two Week Timetable switch
- Staff Import Switch
- Room Import Switch
- Import Room bookings
- Disable the Auto SIMS export so you can manually export the file
- Download the ZIP file
- Extract the ZIP file to a folder of your choice
- Import the SIMS Reports into SIMS
- Setup an Exchange Impersonation Account
- Edit the CHS.SIMSExchange.exe.config file, filling in the boxes
- The ExImpUser should include the full UPN, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org, or user@domain
- If you are using HAP+ Copy the Termdates.xml file and replace the terms.xml file in this release, otherwise, edit terms.xml and fill it in
- Edit staffmapping.xml putting email addresses against the staff's details that SIMS will spit out
- Edit roommapping.xml putting email addresses against the room code that SIMS will spit out
- Run the CHS.SIMSExchange.exe
- Click the Update button and watch it run
To run with Exchange Online/Office 365 (untested):
- The ExImpUser should be the full email address
- Leave the ExchangeUri BLANK, this will tell EWS to use the AutoDiscover Service to find the address
You can run the app more than once, it will remove any calendar appointments after the 1st day of the year (1st date in the terms.xml file) with "Lesson:" in the subject. (Basically appointments the app creates)
The app needs your timetable cycle to be in Day1...Da10 format. It will work with a 1 week timetable (Day1...Day5). Mon1/Mon2 is not currently supported.
You can manually run the SIMS reports, save the staff one as Report.xml and the rooms one as Rooms.xml in the App folder. You can then edit these XML files to rename Mon1 to Day1, Mon2 to Day6, Fri2 to Da10.
You can disable the auto SIMS report query by turing AutoSIMS to False in the config.
Running the App as a Scheduled Task
- In the .Config file, set Silent to "True"
- Make sure your Connect.ini for SIMS uses a UNC path not a Mapped Drive
- Add the App to the Scheduled Task Library